Silver Crest Elementary is located in the rapidly growing city of Herriman. Our students come to us from Riverton City as well as from Herriman. The Silver Crest faculty is dedicated to giving students a well-rounded education with a good foundation in basic skills and ample opportunities for social and emotional development. Our focus is on student learning and achievement in the areas of literacy, numeracy, and on creating and maintaining a positive school atmosphere.
- General Information
- Silver Crest Elementary serves over 1,000 students from K-6.
- The modern, attractive, two-story building, which opened in August of 2009, features large spacious classrooms, which are equipped with audio enhancement and digital projection systems. Students have easy access to a centrally located media center and a state of the art computer lab. In addition, students have access to two mobile computer labs.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 1:23 in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades, and 1:27 in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades. Actual class sizes may vary.
- Bus service is provided for students who live 1.5 miles or more from the school
- A nutritious hot lunch is prepared and served daily. Free and reduced price lunches are available to qualifying students.
- School Highlights
- Silver Crest has a dedicated faculty of well-trained teachers who work together in Professional Learning Communities to provide excellent education opportunities for students in each learning center.
- All certificated staff hold current teaching certificates with several teachers having earned advanced degrees and educational endorsements beyond the regular teaching certificates.
- All staff members are formally evaluated on a regular basis for the purpose of improving performance. Teachers continually participate in professional development courses to improve instructional skills.
- The curriculum meets or exceeds all district and state requirements. Teachers use the Balanced Literacy framework to teach reading and writing. Math is taught using a combination of Investigations and Scott Foresman/Addison Wesley curriculum.
- Technology is an important aspect of the school curriculum. Our up-to-date computer lab, along with two mobile computer labs, enables students (K-6) to learn and practice keyboarding skills, word processing programs, safe Internet skills, and to work with software in all curriculum areas.
- Silver Crest students are expected to attend school regularly and to dress in clean, appropriate clothing.
- Students at Silver Crest Elementary are taught responsible citizenship as teachers set reasonable limits, reinforce positive behavior, and employ programs to build student self-esteem.
- Our student council and student safety patrol gives student leaders an opportunity to gain valuable leadership and communication skills as they work together to build school pride and to serve others.
- An active PTA and School Community Council assist with activities and regularly give input on important school issues.
- Visitors are and volunteers are welcomed and encouraged at Silver Crest. Volunteers support the educational process through their work within the classroom. It is our goal to have every family at Silver Crest give of their time and service in the quest to educate the youth of today and the leaders of tomorrow.